Financial Assistance Qualifications
- Applicants must be limited in daily living activities due to illness, injury, birth or age related related difficulties and must require a primary caregiver.
- Financial assistance may be awarded to assist and relieve the primary caregiver.
- Applicants must have utilized or been denied other funding options for Respite or In-Home care such as:
- Resource Centers of California (ICRC)
- Alzheimer's Association
- In-Home Support Services (MediCal)
- Regional Centers of California (special circumstances may be considered for Regional Center Consumers currently receiving Respite that may require additional services)
Financial assistance shall be limited to 50% of current In-Home Care rates ($22.00/hour as of August 2017) for periods of 4-24 hours per assistance with a maximum of 48-hours per 12-month period.
Special financial assistance equal to 100% of then current rates may be considered for emergency situations of 4-8 hours per assistance with a maximum of 16-hours per 12-months.
We Are Ready to Assist...
If you or someone you know is in need of Respite financial assistance, please contact us at The Shella Foundation.